Book Title: A Magical Homeschool: Nature Studies: 52 Wonderful Ways to Use Nature Studies in Every Season to Teach Science, Math, Art and More
Publisher: Independently published
Author: Alicia Bayer
Nature study can be a magical part of a child's education, providing free and nearly free opportunities in every season for children to learn, grow and explore.
A Magical Homeschool: Nature Studies features 52 wonderful nature study activities, broken up into four seasons, for families to do together. The fun and simple projects teach subjects such as science, math, language arts and geography in ways that get kids excited about nature and learning.
- Use natural materials to dye homemade play dough
- Track the length of daylight in the winter
- Experiment on weeds to see what makes them grow or die
- Test the pH level of liquids with color-changing purple cabbage water
- Tell the temperature by counting cricket chirps
- and much more!
These fun projects can be done virtually anywhere and can involve all ages of children.
Nature journal pages are also included in the print version for seasonal nature sketches, nature project notes and observations, bird logs, animal logs and garden/foraging records.